Monday, December 26, 2011

Messed Up

There's something neither of us can break free of. I can't keep running at this pace. you puzzle over how we always end up in the same place. You play it over again in your head wondering why it just won't click, even though you say I'm great, I have all the right components. I get your message through fueled jumbled words. You've got a case of the Lonelies you've just let go of another great girl. I'm not a bit surprised to see your alias dance across the screen I pick up the line knowing I shouldn't and say hello when I really just want to scream. why can't I do whats best for me and forget everything I was hoping we'd have. Get passed all the hurt and pain you've caused and focus on all the bad. It still stings to hear you say "I'm not over her yet" of course you're not, I know it's her hand you wish to hold, her lips you'd rather kiss but just for tonight you'll pretend it's not real and use me to forget. There's no blame on either side, we're both well aware of where it's going, we can pretend all we want but it doesn't erase knowing. I tell myself next time I'll ignore the call, next time I'll be much smarter. Maybe next time I'll care more for myself, protect my heart instead of making everything harder. It's the first time we've said goodbye before the sun came up, I guess neither wants to see the damage that's been done no light to illuminate how badly we've messed ourselves up.

No comments:

Post a Comment