Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Forgot to remember....

I forget sometimes the things that are most important to me. Over the last couple of years I've forgotten how much I love music, I've forgotten the feeling that is boiling underneath the surface, the complete elation I feel when it's just me and my guitar and my raw emotions. I've had a few momentary reminders that it's still there, that it's not extinguished. I've gotten rusty, lazy, busy, preoccupied, consumed with life but when it comes down to it music is in my blood. It's a drug that I got hooked on and ever since I've had an itch, a desire for it. I'm moved by music, I'm fueled by it. It makes me happier than anything else. Lately I've been reminded of all that again. I played last night until my fingers felt like they were on fire, I felt like I was going to explode with happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment