Thursday, January 31, 2013

A little panic before bed time.

What is this sinking feeling in my gut? Like everyone is hanging out together having a great time doing awesome things and it hit's you, you weren't invited. More and more I am starting to realize (or maybe fear) that I will pass the point of being "a little older than the rest" and become the weirdo, the one that seems normal but for whatever reason she hasn't found that special someone. I feel like everyone is moving on with that "next step" in their life and I've become stagnant. Stale. passed the recommended "use by" date. I'm terrified, I don't care what anyone says... "there's no specific time frame" "it'll happen when the time is right" etc.. sometimes I find it impossible to believe that when the time is right POOF as if by some sort of fairy godmother magic my prince charming will arrive. HORSE SHIT! All the prince charmings have found their princesses when those girls were 20, snatched em up good and young. That's this culture, get married when you're fresh out of high school and barely out of mommy and daddy's house, get married and start popping out the kiddos. So when you hit your late 20's and you haven't done that yet the only explanation possible is that something is wrong. I didn't believe it before, figured that maybe the timing wasn't right... now I'm wondering if the "timing" is running off of a far bigger clock than I am aware of. I would like this panic feeling to leave me alone now cause it's really messing with my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment